Serves 4 as an entree
Substitute the extra olive oil for the more traditional peanut oil you’ll be pleased with the depth flavor this creates.
- About 750g uncooked king prawns, shelled and deveined with tails left intact.
- 1/3 cup Nuggetty Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nam pla (fish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Mixed Asian salad greens
- 1 – 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- Garlic chives
- Shredded carrot
To prepare marinade, mix together Nuggetty Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lime juice soy sauce, nam pla, and grated ginger and chopped garlic.
Place into a shallow ceramic or metal container, add the uncooked prawns and toss until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for up to one hour. Drain and cook under preheated grill for just 3 – 4 minutes. (A clam shell grill is perfect for this!)
Meantime, prepare salad greens and arrange on four small plates. Divide prawns between them, top with shredded carrot garnish with sliced chilli and garlic chives.
Plates may be decorated with a little more olive oil around outer edge.