Serves 3 - 4
This simple Italian favorite needs crusty bread to ensure that none of the glorious juice is left on the plate!
- 4 large luscious vine-riped tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 small traditional mozzarella cheese, thickly sliced
- Nuggetty Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Coarsely ground or seasoned pepper
- Sea salt
- Torn basil leaves
- Sprig of basil
Choose a large round platter and arrange overlapping alternate slices of tomato and cheese. Trickle a generous quantity of Nuggetty Creek Extra Virgin Olive Oil over tomatoes and cheese and, if desired, drizzle a little balsamatic vinegar.
Sprinkle on salt and pepper, garnish with small sprig or basil and serve at once.
Also provide a small decanter of extra olive oil, so that diners may add a little more to their own plates for enjoying with chunks of bread. A glass of pinot, chilled sauvignon blanc or chilled rose is a great accompaniment.